Ryobi pressure washers have earned a solid reputation among consumers for reliability and performance. They offer several products you can choose from, but which one is right for you? In this guide we have picked out two of the best Ryobi has to offer and why they’ve become a hit with a lot of customers.
Ryobi 2800 PSI Portable Gas Pressure Washer
The Ryobi 2800 has been built for thorough cleaning around your home. The unit is powered by a Honda GCV160 engine and has a powerful axial cam pump. It delivers up to 2800 PSI and 2.3 gallons per minute. With these specs this pressure washer can clean furnishings, driveways, decks, windows and other locations around your property.
The 2800 has an onboard accessory storage so you won’t misplace any of the equipment that comes with the pressure washer. There’s also a detergent tank included. Oftentimes you need to use soap or other cleaning solutions to remove dirt. Since a detergent tank is included, it’s easier to prepare cleaning solutions.
The 2800 PSI pressure washer is built for portability, with easy to maneuver wheels. Its PowerControl Regulator can be rotated so you can adjust the pressure. The 25 foot high pressure hose is built for durability, and it has a toggle handle and spray wand. There are four Quick Connect Nozzles, for 0, 25 and 40 degrees, and the last one for soap / detergent.
The Ryobi 2800 can handle most outdoor cleaning tasks. Set up is easy, and the owner’s manual offers a detailed guide on how to use it. The wheels make moving around convenient, and the hose delivers consistent pressure.
Ryobi 2000 PSI 1.2GPM Electric Power Washer
The Ryobi 2000 PSI has been developed to provide more power than the typical home pressure washer. Running on a 13 amp motor, the Ryobi 2000 generates the pressure necessary to wash clean exterior walls, cars and outdoor constructions like patios. Like the other Ryobi pressure washers, this model has a solid frame.
1.2 GPM is ideal for residential cleanups, and it comes with 3 Quick Connect Nozzles for better cleaning results. It’s easy to switch from one nozzle to another so cleaning different surfaces won’t take long. A detergent tank is included for your convenience, and it’s detachable for easy use.
The construction is solid, and the roll cage frame design prevents the unit from tipping over. The aluminum pump is also well-made. Even when it’s used on a regular basis there’s little chance of a leak as the brass hose connector is solid. Lastly, the Ryobi 200 delivers in the power department. This is one of those 2000 psi pressure washers that really feels like it’s running at 2000 psi.
What are the Benefits of a Ryobi Pressure Washer?
- Lots of Options Available: Ryobi pressure washers vary in psi specs. For light duty work, they have 1700 models. For more heavy duty cleaning Ryobi has 3000+ psi. The bottom line is you have lot of options to meet your needs and budget.
- Solid Design: Ryobi pressure washers are compact so they don’t take up a lot of space while you’re using them. The wheels allow you to move the unit around to wash other areas, and they’re built to prevent tipping.
- Versatile: Ryobi pressure washers are all-around performers. They’ve been designed to clean decks, patios, patio furniture, cars, boats, ATVs, bikes, house siding and more. They come with different nozzle tips and detergent tanks of varying sizes.
- Easy to Use: one of the trademarks of a good pressure washer is how easy it is to use, and Ryobi pressure washers fit that description. Not only are the manuals detailed, but the controls are intuitive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why isn’t the engine running?
A: Check the tank if there is enough fuel. If there is, squeeze the trigger to take some of the water pressure off. A broken spark plug could also be the culprit so you should check if a replacement is needed. Other possible causes are a damaged ignition or the choke isn’t in the start position.
Q: Why is the engine taking so long to start?
A: Check for signs of water in the gasoline. If there is, shut he pressure washer down and perform a complete water drain. Put new fuel in and start again.
Q: The engine runs but it’s not as powerful as it used to be. Why?
A: The air filter is probably dirty, needing cleanup or replacement. It could also be due to the air affecting the idle down’s performance. If you suspect that’s the case, shut the engine down and squeeze the trigger until the air is removed.
Q: Why doesn’t the detergent mix with the spray?
A: There might not be enough soap in the tank, or the spray selector is at the wrong setting. If that’s the case, adjust the spray selector and choose long range or short range detergent (options can vary depending on the model).
Q: Why isn’t the pump generating enough pressure?
A: Change the spray selector to 0, 25 or 40 degrees. If that doesn’t work, make sure there is enough water in the system. If there’s sufficient water, inspect the spray wand connection as it might be loose.
- Regularly check the pressure washer for leaks
- Clean the engine after every use
- Replace the engine lubricant after extended use
- For each use, add a fuel stabilizer and pump protector
- Each Ryobi pressure washer comes with specific instructions on how to clean the air filter, how to inspect the spark plug as well as pump maintenance. Follow the directions and do not assume that instructions for other Ryobi models are similar.
- Most Ryobi pressure washers will benefit if you replace the spark plug after every 200 hours of use. The air filter element should also be replaced during that period.
The pressure washer market is crowded, and not all brands can be counted on when it comes to performance and reliability. That’s one of the reasons why Ryobi has earned a solid reputation as they continue to churn out one quality pressure washer after another.